Lead Artist - Sonic Mobile
Lead Artist - Sonic Mobile
We are looking for a Lead Artist to take art ownership of our successful live Sonic Mobile titles by creating great art and leading our small and agile art team. This is a key role in the team that covers all areas of game art with a focus on delivering new characters in our popular live games.
You enjoy working on vivid, playful, and creative art from characters to environments and effects, or any other part of the in-game art. You love discussing and helping drive forward new characters and visual features with the art, design, and code teams.
Are you an Art Lead with a proven track record or a Senior Character or Environment Artist wanting to take on more responsibility and develop your own career? or even an Art Outsource manager wanting to get more hands-on? – either way, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our talented team of artists working on our much-loved Sonic IPs!
- Create high quality art for the games, single handedly and alongside the team – with a focus on character art but also helping with environments and visual effects.
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example, promoting successful teamwork, and giving feedback and direction where needed.
- Help troubleshoot any art issues from a creative and technical standpoint.
- Work with the producer to schedule and plan the art team's work.
- Help with the career development of the art team and recruitment of new artists.
- Be a role model for our values of determination, compassion, and collaboration.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent 2D and 3D art skills (3D modeling, texturing, and lighting).
- Technical ability and familiarity with Unity. Getting art in, setting up, building assets & prefabs, debugging, and improving performance.
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max, Maya or Blender, Photoshop, and the Substance Suite with an ability to learn new tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You are organized and enjoy planning ahead.
- 5 years’ experience creating artwork for games.
- An interest and basic understanding of animation.
- A good eye for quality graphic design.
- Experience of basic video editing (Premiere and After Effects).
- Player focused approach – you know what makes a game fun.
- An interest in Sonic, SEGA, and stylised games and art.
Why Work at HARDlight?You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can b
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- We pride ourselves on helping you achieve your ambitions and offer Udemy courses to help improve your skills to become better equipped to further your careerWe want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
- We are taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.
This role is a hybrid role – we work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.