Senior Gameplay Programmer - CA Sofia
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate game developer to join our Total War team in Sofia as a Senior Gameplay Programmer. Working with the team, you will look to produce efficient and effective solutions to the complex challenges presented by the Total War Campaign & Battle environment.
You will be working with a varied team of programmers, designers and QA Technicians, bring your knowledge and experience to help push the boundaries and strive to make our titles better than ever before.
In the role of Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War battle team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working to improve our existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future titles.
You will be involved in developing new features for the Total War game and be highly competent in maintaining new and existing systems. This includes behavioral elements of the AI and tooling for analysis. You will also collaborate and problem solve the wider game development team on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Professional programming experience
- Prior experience in game development
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective collaboration with across the project
- Passion and interest in games and game development
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Excellent academic background, preferably in a numeric discipline
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality- Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus- We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork- We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect- Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust- Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.