Site Reliability Engineer (SRE/DevOps) – Live Services
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Live Services team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will be working closely with product and platform engineering teams, developing, and running online services to high standard. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and enabler, helping guide with projects from inception to delivery and support live operation. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As Site Reliability Engineer, you will be key in developing our common service infrastructure and automation tooling.
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities may include:
- Being a proactive member of the team
- Having a strong focus on reliability and scalability for building highly available systems
- Working closely with other developers to empower them to build and run their services
- Helping provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base on multiple live titles
- Contributing to design and implementation of the right deployment strategies for our services.
- Strong experience in a DevOps or SRE-type role
- Strong experience working with cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with CI/CD (Gitlab preferred) and infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform preferred)
- Experience working with observability tools (Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB preferred)
- Experience in Gaming industry
- Experience with Containerization
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end web and mobile technologies (html5, Electron, ionic etc)
- Experience working with open authentication standards, Big Data
- Programming and systems design experience
- Experience with load testing tools
- Experience with Windows build processes
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.