Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunchtime FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced, self-sufficient technical artist to join the team, to push the visual quality of Two Point Hospital and our exciting, upcoming little people games to the next level! We need someone with a breadth of knowledge spanning art pipeline, visual effects and shaders through to lighting and optimisations. We’re thinking over 5 years’ experience, but we would accept fewer for very talented individuals who would comfortably take charge of the whole pipeline between art and code. Having knowledge of Unity and console development is a big positive as we’d like you to hit the ground running.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Helping define new art workflows and identify industry trends/best practices, and implementing them if it’s a good idea and fits.
- Identifying pipeline and workflow problems, and driving forward a solution so the artists can focus on what they do best!
- Producing and maintaining high quality, efficient, cool looking shaders for all the visual requirements of the game, with the help of the artists and coders.
- Ensuring all art assets such as models, textures and shaders in the final game are really optimal and efficient, with the help of the artists and coders.
- Mentoring and sharing with any keen developers looking to gain experience and knowledge of technical art.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have in-depth understanding and practical experience of a physically-based material pipeline.
- Have excellent knowledge of HLSL or node-based shaders.
- Be really comfortable with packages such as Maya and Photoshop.
- Know your way around modern lighting models, and how they affect shader creation.
- Have a good understanding of 3D maths.
- Be a paragon of teamworking, and all-round be very easy to work with.
- Have 5 years’ game industry experience, or be exceptionally talented
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Experience with Unity development would be great
- Experience working with consoles such as Xbox One / PS4 / Switch
- Exposure to C# or other similar scripting languages
- Knowledge of Unity’s new Universal Render Pipeline