Senior Environment Artist – New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished and senior Environment Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and build a believable world.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Environment Artist on the project, you will be involved in many aspects of environment construction, working in coordination with Design and Concept Art to deliver an immersive and visually impressive world. You will be asked to help guide this process. Your substantial experience will highlight and avoid potential pitfalls early and also reveal opportunities for efficiency and increased quality.
You will be tasked with creating levels for a new exciting IP that will involve everything from modelling and material creation, to level construction and dressing. Working closely with the wider development team, you will work within set time constraints and hit the quality benchmark expected of the project. Identifying opportunities for stronger output and even more effective use of time will be required. You will also implement feedback as appropriate and in a manner that provides a good example to the rest of the team.
Additionally, and where possible, providing support and coaching to your fellow artists would be expected of a Senior Environment Artist. This will be constructive and respectful to help improve the effectiveness of the Environment Art team.
Working diligently, whilst displaying proficiency and competence, is extremely important for the team. Leading by example will be highly valuable and somewhat expected of an experienced Senior Environment Artist.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Visual flare and talent for creating environments with a good artistic eye for composition
- Strong understanding of structure, form and construction
- Skilled in 3ds Max/Maya/Modo(preference 3ds Max)
- Experience with Substance Designer, Painter and Photoshop
- Experience of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Positive team work ethic. Collaboration and communication skills are important
- A real passion and love for visual environment creation
- 2d concepting or technical Art skills always a plus
- Experience with ZBrush
- Experience with Marvellous Designer
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.