Audio Programmer - CA Sofia
This an excellent opportunity to join our growing team at CA Sofia, in Bulgaria as an Audio programmer.
You will be working as part of the Total War audio programming team which provides support across all our franchise projects. You will also collaborate and work alongside our dedicated team of sound designers and dialogue engineers. Supporting a varied number of games, tools and technologies, you will be an integral part of delivering the immersive audio experience our fans have come to expect from our games.
In the role of Audio Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working and collaborating to improve our existing audio gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day to day basis you will help out our audio team by Implementing new audio gameplay features using Audiokinetic Wwise; Extending our in-house toolset and troubleshooting issues as they arise; Creating and maintaining tools for the sound team to use; and Gameplay feature implementation and tools to help with the audio QA process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Professional Audiokinetic Wwise experience
- Excellent C++ skills
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines in a development environment
- Passion and interest in making games
- Experience developing audio systems in games, research or other settings
- Familiarity with Total War games is a definite advantage
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.