Lead Software Engineer in Test
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer in Test to join the CA team.
We are currently driving the future of the tools and technology on which our games are made. We are transitioning to deliver our core technology platform with a software as a service approach. As such we need someone to lead and drive forward our unit and automated testing approaches. Helping ensure stability for the multiple game teams we service.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test automation activities across our core technology team. You will be involved in developing frameworks, tests and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling and service monitoring.
You will be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required.
Additionally, you will be expected to have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a software as a service environment. You will be key in testing feature implementations and integration, remaining hands on and practical with the work on the team. You will take responsibility for and lead our manual function test team as well as grow our software test team as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong technical skills with a high level of C++ and at least one high-level language (eg lua)
- Good understanding of tools automation testing
- Experience in creating automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment e.g. Jenkins/Teamcity
- Experience with source control (eg perforce)
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defining Test Data and Reports
- Strong communication skills. You will be liaising with the product owner(s), technical leads, developers, and design teams to ensure the testing of new features runs smoothly
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments (Aws, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
- Familiarity with game development and the technology involved
- Experience with the QT framework
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Avid gamer
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.