Consumer Insights Research Assistant (12 month FTC)
12 MONTH FTC
MARKET RESEARCH & CONSUMER INSIGHTS TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS ANALYSIS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA is looking to recruit a new Research Assistant to join their growing Consumer Insights team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the business, supporting dynamic research projects and working with our suite of audience data tools to create regular and impactful reports.
The Research Assistant will collaborate with multiple functions both internal and external, including but limited to; Marketing, Data teams, Sega Europe internal Studios & partners, Licensing, providing insight reports on audience profiling, performance tracking, social intelligence monitoring, competitor analysis & market trends.
This role would suite a graduate looking to take their first step into a working environment or an entry level candidate looking to move into the games industry. A passion for data and insight is a must!
- Take ownership of managing key audience tracking tools (GlobalWebIndex, Nielsen VGT, Synthesio)
- Analyse survey data to create ongoing custom reports for our studios and internal teams
- Update audience trend reports on various topics e.g. gaming habits & attitudes, genres, platforms, franchises & game titles and profiling
- Assist on quantitative projects including writing questionnaires, liaising with agencies, analysing data, writing reports and presenting findings
- Assist on ad-hoc projects including concept testing, playtesting, pricing, incubation, UX & usability research
- Help in the preparation of company presentations for internal and external parties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Business or relevant subjects
- Knowledge and interest in video games / interest in data & insight
- A passion for on-the-job learning
- Experience with MS Excel and creating visual & impactful Powerpoint presentations
- Confident working with large quantitative data sets
- Confident in delivering and presenting analysis and actionable insights to key internal stakeholders
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Proactive communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally
- A basic understanding of research methodologies advantageous but not essential
- Tableau or other data manipulation/visualization software skills
- PowerBI, data visualisation tools knowledge and skills