BASED AT ANY ONE OF OUR OFFICES - SEGA EUROPE HQ IN BRENTFORD, LONDON OR AT ONE OF SEGA’S STUDIOS (IN EAST LONDON, HORSHAM, FARNHAM, LEAMINGTON SPA IN THE UK, OR VANCOUVER IN CANADA OR SOFIA IN BULGARIA)
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR OF STUDIO OPERATIONS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We are seeking an Outsourcing Manager to support SEGA’s internal and external development studios.
You will be responsible for understanding our global outsourcing opportunities, establishing relationships and contracts with partners, and creating and maintaining best outsourcing practice across our development teams.
- Source great partners for SEGA’s studios to collaborate with - for cost, quality and/or resourcing reasons.
- Ensure that outsourcing best practice is used within the development teams.
- Understand a studio’s needs and advise on opportunities.
- Be able to understand the financial and contractual elements of a relationship (supported by SEGA’s Legal and Financial teams).
- Track, evaluate, and report performance of outsourcing partners to provide an ongoing feedback system to the development studios.
- Continually liaise between development studios and external partners to maintain strong relationships throughout the course of development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience with the complexity of game development from a production standpoint.
- Experience of working with third parties on major development projects.
- Good technical understanding of games development pipelines and process.
- Some financial experience relating to game development costs, service delivery, P&L’s and annual business planning.
- Have a service mind-set and are attuned with the varying needs of the studios.
- Great attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The willingness to travel when necessary.