Live Operations Associate
As a Live Operations Associate you will work in the Live Operations team on world class free-to-play mobile games developed by SEGA Europe’s mobile studio, HARDlight.
In this role, you will be working closely with other members of live operations as well as members of the game teams to execute the live ops strategy with the main goal to maximise player engagement and lifetime value.
- Supporting the design, creation, deployment and validation of live game data & build and deploy asset bundles
- Schedule live events, special offers, AB tests and other live experiments using our internal game management tools
- Plan, design, implement and release in-game communication to engage players with our live events
- Work with the analytics team to use data to back up decisions about events and store schedules
- Participate in planning our live operations strategy, contribute ideas and drive your areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with our internal QA team to ensure all live operations aspects are tested before being released
- Support our localisation process from the game perspective to ensure all communications, live activities and contents receive translations on time
- Create and share records of our live activities and experiments, ensure we are learning and improving our live operations efforts
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn new skills and tools
- Comfortable handling spreadsheets, data files and internal tools for game parameter management
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as confidence to write player-facing text for our games
- Ability to envision supporting artwork for communication articles and store offers, and create useful art briefs based on this vision
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Requires a level of flexibility to adapt to quickly changing requirements in a live environment
- Willingness to learn how to interpret data, validate hypothesis through experiments, test & learn approach
- Strong communication skills both in a technical and non-technical context
- An active engagement with and appreciation of Live Operations within free-to-play games
- Experience in the games industry, ideally working on free-to-play mobile games
- Knowledge of using HTML code
- Experience using task management tools (JIRA, Hansoft, Trello) and version control (Git, Sourcetree)
- Experience in marketing communications
- Passionate about games
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- Training opportunities provided with access to Udemy courses and annual appraisals to support your progression.
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme, or if you’re more of a foodie, you can take advantage of fresh fruit, cereal & toast every day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (When studio working returns)
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!