Senior Cinematic Animator
The Total War cinematic department at Creative Assembly is looking to add to its growing historical team, at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Reporting to the Principal Lead Animator we are looking for a talented experienced senior cinematic animator who is ready to work within the established team. This position offers an opportunity for career progression into a lead role over time.
As a Senior Cinematic Animator, you will have prior experience working with in engine cinematics, demonstrating a natural ability to animate both human and creature performances, along with possessing a keen attention to detail, and a versatile animation skill set.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Assist the principal lead animator in planning and organising the cinematic animation requirements for historical marketing and in-game cinematics.
- Produce feature quality, emotive real-world cinematic character performances for both human, and creatures.
- Deliver full body performances, including facial emotion and lip sync using a combination of motion capture and key frame animation.
- Being a key content creator - taking ownership of assets from creation to implementation into the game engine, using the inhouse cinematic tool set.
- Have good organisational and time management skills, to ensure animations are delivered within the set task times.
- Communicate and work interactively with key stake holders across the different disciplines within the cinematics team and the wider studio development teams.
- Autodesk Maya and Motion Builder experience
- Editing and manipulating motion capture data with key frame animation
- Accomplished key frame animation skills - demonstrating feature quality animations involving complex human facial emotions, body mechanics and lip syncing
- In-engine cinematic experience, animation pipeline and processes experience
- Prior Experience with animation production planning - knowledge of Excel
- Experience with camera narrative and the film making process
- Be agile, adaptable and be proactive problem-solving skills working within a fluid environment
- Work well within a team and be an active team player
- Animation supervisory experience
- Performance capture acting and direction experience
- Experience working with Storyboard, Layout, 2D animation
- Formal art training
- A love of history, games and film
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.