UI Programmer (C++)
We are looking for an outstanding C++ programmer to work principally on our flagship Football Manager title to help take it to the next level. This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to one of the deepest and most data-rich user interfaces in the industry.
We are looking for a problem-solver and trouble-shooter with an eye for good design and quality code. Your focus will be on using our internal tools and UI libraries to help improve and modernise the FM user interface and experience. You will be closely involved in the UI and UX design process, to ultimately ensure that we deliver the best experience possible for our passionate user base.
- Improve and maintain various areas of our user interfaces
- Develop new UI functionality
- Contribute to the improvement of our internal UI systems / libraries
- Contribute to the UI design process
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
- Challenge established norms
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Minimum three years professional C++ experience
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design principles
- Passionate about user experience and usability
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.