As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for organising a small team whose primary purpose is to find and enter issues into the project database. With a focus on assisting the Senior QA Lead you will help with the day to day task running, mentoring and organisation of a small number of our QA staff. Working with our talented development and QA teams you will help ensure the overall quality of titles within the award-winning Total War series.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading staff, who can drive the completion of tasks for both themselves and their team under the direction of the Senior QA Lead and QA Manager. They must have good initiative, can work independently with an excellent eye for detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to get the best from the team. Staff development and mentoring through 1 to 1s, resolving issues both personal and professional will play a big part of the role.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for QA and Total War with previous experience working in QA in a development environment, is familiar with the development process and has a management background in a relevant discipline.
The primary functions of the role are to enable the finding, grading, and reporting of defects completely and concisely, communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. As a QA Lead, you will achieve this through effective management of a group of testers.
You will be responsible for recording test results and task progress daily, including completion info status, in the requested formats as well as verification and regression of defects that have been fixed. You will be expected to acquire in depth knowledge of core features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy for yourself and the team.
As a QA Lead, you will be a role model for staff, mentoring them in their own career goals and developing them to be better testers. You will work closely with the QA Lead, assisting in the running of the team and leading in their absence.
Working with the rest of the development team, including QA, you will aim towards releasing the highest overall quality product possible by the given deadlines. Achieved primarily by logging and communicating clear and concise defects with the correct classification and reporting on key issues and project progress to key stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format.
- Previous experience in a QA role, preferably in a development studio.
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to follow set process and implement this among the team.
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area.
- A desire to lead, mentor and develop staff in a fast-paced agile working environment.
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games.
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field that can be applied to Games Development.
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio.
- Experience playing the latest titles in the Total War franchise.
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved.
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with animation or database related game tools
Currently Creative Assembly is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. We will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.