As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for the testing, planning and monitoring of a group of QA Technicians on a free-to-play project operating as a live service. Reporting to a Senior QA Lead, you will oversee the day-to-day task running, mentoring and organization of your group of testers, mentoring and developing individuals to be the best they can
We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading staff, who can drive the completion of tasks for both themselves and their team and follow the direction of the Senior QA Lead and Development Managers to aid with the execution of a test strategy for our ongoing release cadence. They must have good initiative, can work independently with an excellent eye for detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to get the best from the team. They must have excellent communication skills and be able to use data driven reports to relay important information. Staff development and mentoring through 1 to 1s, resolving issues both personal and professional will play a big part of the role.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for QA and Total War with previous experience as a Lead working in QA in a development environment, is familiar with the development process and has a management background in QA.
The primary functions of the role are to enable the finding, grading, and reporting of defects completely and concisely, communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. As a QA Lead, you will achieve this through effective management of a group of testers.
You will be responsible for recording test results and task progress daily, including completion info status, in the requested formats as well as verification and regression of defects that have been fixed. You will be expected to acquire in depth knowledge of core features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy for yourself and the team.
As a QA Lead, you will be a role model for staff, mentoring them in their own career goals and developing them to be better testers. You will work closely with the Senior QA Lead, assisting in the running of the team and leading in their absence.
Working with the rest of the development team, including QA, you will aim towards releasing the highest overall quality product possible by the given deadlines. Achieved primarily by logging and communicating clear and concise defects with the correct classification and reporting on key issues and project progress to key stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format.
- Previous experience in a QA role, preferably in a development studio.
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to follow set process and implement this among the team.
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area.
- A desire to lead, mentor and develop staff in a fast-paced agile working environment.
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games.
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field that can be applied to Games Development.
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on a AAA/live service title in a development studio.
- Experience playing the latest titles in the Total War franchise.
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved.
- Experience with games as a service (GaaS)
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with animation or database related game tools
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.