Development Communications Manager - Fantasy
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join our talented Brand team on our award-winning Total War Franchise. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Development Communications Manager, you will work to find, shape, and share the stories behind our games with our in-house teams, our press and content creator partners, and of course, our players. You’ll keep up to date with development and use that perspective to build understanding of what we are doing and why we’re doing it, acting as a critical bridge between our marketing and development efforts.
We are looking for someone who can take real ownership of exciting new Total War projects and passionately, and effectively, communicate them. Your background may be journalism or PR, or perhaps you have worked in a smaller studio and are looking to become part of something bigger. Driven by a natural sense of curiosity and a drive to bring people together, you will support all elements of bringing our games to our players.
Being an experienced gamer, you will have a sense for what makes a new title great and be able to define how we bring those features to light, whether that’s through an impressive video script, internal or external blog content, or in-person presentations at global events. Your work will directly contribute to how we promote our games effectively, and accurately around the world as you collaborate with peers across Community, Content, PR, and Brand teams.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Facilitate two-way communication between the development and brand teams, representing the interests of both parties across a variety of project conversations
- Produce and edit a variety of communication including feature guides, status updates, patch notes, video scripts, blog posts, and CRM content
- Contribute to marketing and PR strategy, using your detailed project knowledge to inform our approach and keep it aligned with project pillars
- Liaise with live services and content production teams to ensure our communications are supported by the right tools and delivery formats
- Experience in public relations, journalism, or a relevant field
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management experience
- A knowledge of the mainstream games industry
- Willingness to travel internationally regularly
- Excellent presentation skills
- Contributed to the delivery of PR campaigns
- Experience in a publishing or development environment
- A knowledge of the PC Strategy Gaming landscape
- An appreciation for the Warhammer universe
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.