Senior Software Engineer (Porting)
Role Overview – Senior Software Engineer (Porting)
We are looking for a Senior Generalist Programmer who will not only be a key member of development, but also a role model for junior team members in our game porting projects at SEGA HARDlight. You’d be working closely with many different SEGA studios on new and existing IPs, to bring these much-loved titles to new platforms – including Google Stadia, Microsoft Game Pass, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo etc.
- Work as a key member of the Engineering Team to design and implement game systems and project features
- Collaborate with the Engineering Lead to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Assist with planning, work estimation and task scheduling
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Mentor Engineering Team members
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ and C# experience, and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology.
- You have great communication skills.
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity.
- Experience developing and shipping titles using current game engines or proprietary engines.
- Experience in porting.
- You have shipped multiple game titles preferably in a Senior Engineer role.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure.
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases and LiveOps is beneficial.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension.
- Flexible working hours.
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel.
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.