Business Intelligence Analyst
Creative Assembly are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Finance Team here at our Studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence and Financial Analyst Lead, you will also work closely with finance and the game development team to provide data analysis for all the current and previous game releases.
Using your data analytics, market research and business intelligence skills, you will help us understand the financial performance of our game titles today and their expected performance tomorrow.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Gather raw data from a varied source and turn structured and unstructured information into data sets that can be efficiently analysed, reported on and stored
- Maintain databases to ensure that financial data on game titles is up-to-date, accurate and accessible for stakeholders
- Update dashboards and MI reports that give insight into the financial performance of game titles
- Analyse historical data, market trends and predictors of future title performance
- Aid in the creation of models that forecast the financial performance of game titles
- Assist with scenario modelling that explores the impact of pricing proposals, release date changes, and promotional and commercial opportunities
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Proficient in using SQL (ideally T-SQL) for querying, storing, and manipulating data
- Excellent Math skills with an understanding of the fundamentals of statistics
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
- Experienced in creating reports and dashboards in data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to perform data wrangling and ensuring those data sets are accurately maintained
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks effectively
- Passionate about video games, with a good understanding of video games and key video game concepts (free to play, downloadable content, micro transactions)
- Proficient in using Python or R for statistical analysis
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.