Character / Creature Artist
We are looking for a talented Character / Creature Artist to join our character team on our Total War franchise at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Working directly with the Lead Character Artist, the right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical, and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating believable characters/creatures with the ability to produce stunning, high quality and efficient game content.
As an experienced Character / Creature Artist you will work closely with the current team to create both characters and creatures; utilising the entire character creation pipeline, implementing characters into the current game engine, and using the existing shader system to ensure they are displayed correctly in game.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with members external to the character team, such as the animation/technical animation team to create solid placeholder meshes that work within any rig restrictions as well as the technical art team
- Providing workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity
- Deal with general housekeeping (bugs, file structure clean up, etc)
- Provide support to other teams within the company should they need it
- Strong organic sculpting ability
- Strong hard surface modelling ability
- Understanding of the PBR texturing workflow
- Experience of one full game dev cycle
- A good knowledge of human anatomy
- Strong knowledge of industry standard tools, such as Max/Maya, Photoshop, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter and ZbrushA team player, able to take advice and feedback from their colleagues in a respectable manner
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Traditional art skills
- Interest and experience with the Total War franchise
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.