Product Marketing Manager
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
SEGA OF AMERICA – EMEA TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE EMEA MARKETING MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA of America is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team based in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else, the EMEA Team look after SEGA’s Japanese and ATLUS studios. They cover a diverse range of franchises including: Yakuza, Persona, and Sonic the Hedgehog, as well as exciting projects such as the SEGA Mega Drive Mini and Tokyo 2020.
This role is based at SEGA’s European Head Quarters, based in West London where you’ll find a diverse range highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Ice cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA of America EMEA Team, the role is expected to be the ambassador for all ATLUS products, and product communication, across EMEA. As the role will also require assisting with Japanese IP from the SEGA catalogue, an intimate knowledge of both ATLUS and SEGA franchises is a plus.
This creative and commercial role will work closely with distributors & partners across EMEA to maximise the potential of the ATLUS franchises and products. It will be the Product Marketing Manager’s responsibility to plan, deliver and execute clear marketing plans for the products under their jurisdiction within the EMEA market hitting pre-set objectives.
The role will work within the UK office in Brentford as a member of the SEGA of America EMEA team and interface with other SEGA internal departments where appropriate.
- Planning and execution of EMEA ATL/BTL marketing campaigns for assigned products in line with guidance of commercial teams to understand focus/opportunities across both new releases and back catalogue
- Manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget, while maximising delivery and impact on all titles.
- Work closely with the North American team on creative production of marketing assets to ensure timely delivery to partners (First party, agency, and distribution). You will need to ensure EMEA requirements are briefed in a timely manner and asset requirements are met in order to deliver EMEA strategy effectively (including versioning and localisation of campaign assets to meet approved media plans requirements).
- Establish a working relationship with SEGA of Europe Marketing team to ensure executional strategies, agencies, media buys etc are optimised and that SEGA of Europe and SEGA of America campaigns do not impact on one another.
- Provide 3rd party account support when required (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft etc.).
- Monitor post launch retail activity across key physical and digital retailers. Develop working knowledge of assigned EMEA market places, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity and pricing economics.
- Create marketing briefs and negotiate with external media and marketing agencies to ensure EMEA wide plans, with the ability to understand campaign results, fine tune campaigns based on results and ensure agencies deliver on brief KPI’s.
- Ensure local-territory-specific product requirements (e.g. language, contractual or age-rating classification issues) are met as well as working with territories to develop BTL plans maximising retail exposure for new releases and back catalogue/promotional periods.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all teams within SEGA to ensure marketing deadlines are achieved.
- Work in conjunction with sales teams to help drive planned promotions both on territory level and 1st party to amplify and maximise sales.
- Work closely with the SEGA of America EMEA PR Manager and Community Manager to ensure that the PR and Social plans support the project direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Significant product marketing experience in a global organisation within the games industry.
- Demonstrable record of delivering ATL and BTL marketing plans of a high standard, hitting planned dates and within agreed budgets. Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience working with media agencies, by briefing, managing, and modifying campaigns throughout the product life cycle.
- Experience reviewing campaign results through post-mortem analysis to disseminate learnings and improve future campaigns where needed.
- Demonstratable experience presenting to a wide variety of different groups.
- Strong knowledge of the EMEA markets and differences in retail/media across the key European markets.
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends within the specialist gaming and wider environment.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the SEGA and ATLUS range of video game titles.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.