Back-End Programmer - Live Services
This is a truly unique opportunity for a Back-end Programmer to join a hugely talented team, working on a world-class development team in an innovative, professional and dynamic environment.
As a Back-end Programmer on the project, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing and implementing software development to high standard. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and implementer, dealing with projects from inception to delivery and live operation. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Back-end Programmer on the team, you will play a key role in central aspects of online games infrastructure. This will include architecture, design, implementation and testing.
You will also work with the wider Total War and Console development teams, particularly with the brand, game and web teams. A key element of this role is to be proactive and provide implementation solutions for design-led requirements to the relevant members of the team.
As a developer on the project, you will work collaboratively with key developers working towards effective solutions for critical parts of the online games service infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience of working on server-side, API-driven projects with online databases
- Previous experience with a cloud service (such as Amazon's AWS) or virtualized environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience of working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Methodical approach to software development
- High level of interest in learning new technologies for software development
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Python development experience
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end web and mobile technologies (html5, Electron, ionic etc)
- Experience working with open authentication standards, Big Data
- Development experience and passion for online video games
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.