QA Lead (Art & Animation)
QA Lead (Art)
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented QA Lead or Senior QA who wants to make the next step in their career to work on the Football Manager franchise across all game versions and platforms. As the senior member of the QA department embedded in the Art and Animation team, you will be responsible for developing, executing, and communicating the test strategy of all output produced by the team.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who care deeply about Football Manager, its quality and accuracy as the world’s leading football management simulation game.
A successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills, able to complete work independently as well as part of a team and be a strong coach and mentor for the individuals you would be responsible for.
- Design, implement, execute, and iterate test plans regarding all output within the Art and Animation team for each product release
- Produce test progress reports to Senior QA Leads, QA Management, and other stakeholders; highlighting any concerns or risks, as well as provide constructive feedback where required or requested
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Art and Animation team where required to promote a bug prevention philosophy within the team, either through early and frequent testing, feedback, or other means
- Suggest potential opportunities to improve test process across the studio, such as tools or automation, to make testing more efficient
- Coach and mentor members of the QA team, guiding their growth and development alongside QA Management
- Liaise with Customer Service teams and investigate issues and/or bugs raised by players to ensure issues are correctly prioritised for fixing
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years QA experience within the games industry, with studio experience preferred
- Prior academic experience in a relevant games industry art qualification and/or practical experience with art-centric tools such as Substance Painter, 3DS Max or Maya
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with all studio development teams and external partners
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Attention to detail
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.