SEGA Centre of Excellence Sofia is dedicated to serving SEGA’s Development teams in providing quality, timely, and effective QA services. The Centre is based in Business Park Sofia, nearby Mladost 4 district.
We cultivate diverse, creative QA talent with a network of studios across Europe, US and Canada.
Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Hardlight, Amplitude, Relic Entertainment and Two Point Studios. We assist all studios with publishing QA and validation functions. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Today we’re building a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our European business. Check out Sega.com to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
With the growth of SEGA Development Services, we need a skilled and determined QA Manager to lead a group of QA teams. The successful candidate will manage a group of at least 20 employees, separated in more than two teams. The candidate will deliver through teams an efficient quality assurance service to multiple projects. The candidate will work with their peers and superiors to identify project’s pipeline and plan accordingly the structure of the teams within the QA organization. The successful candidate will manage both individual contributor and first line managers and help them through their career paths.
• Managing a QA group with significant size• Hiring, ramp up, performance and retention of team members
• Growth of the leadership roles within the QA organization
• Resource Forecast and Management of the organization’s capacity, with the help of Development Services resource management roles and the QA organization’s leads
• Actively manage end to end test strategy and planning for titles, ensuring progress is accurately recorded and ensuring timelines are correct and adhered to, through frequent communication with Production and Developers
• Reporting, responsibility, and accountability of all projects and assigned personnel
Management of the Leads team
• Manage, coach and mentor the QA Leads team to ensure they have the skills and mind-set necessary to succeed in their positions.
Management of Test Strategy and Planning
• Ensure effective and appropriate implementation of test strategies within teams and assigned projects.
• Anticipate and manage change in assigned teams, according to business, project, and resource requirements.
• Working with key stakeholders to fulfil submission timelines and requirements.
• Ensure a risk register is created and maintained for dept. operational issues and per project
• Drive, implement and maintain QA project production and management documentation.
• Supervise the creation and maintenance of accurate project reports, organization and control of data (schedule changes, etc.) and relaying it where appropriate
Ensure efficient communication from the QA Group
• Devise and work towards continual improvement on the information flow from the managed QA Group, with attention on the report output and their suitability for the needs of those who require it (Production, Development, etc.).
• Be a key QA point of contact between internal and external groups.
Problem identification and subsequent resolution
• React accordingly to any problem identifications raised by Development Services production and/or Development teams and act accordingly to mitigate.
• Continuously analyse current QA processes and practices from a Development service perspective and suggest solutions.
• Manage solutions’ implementation and evaluate effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• The successful candidate should be educated to degree standard or equivalent, preferably in an IT-related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in previous QA Lead or Management roles
• Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as Quality Assurance individual contributor (Software tester, technician, etc.)
• Acceptance to change, and ability to advocate change to peers and subordinates.
• Confident and professional in dealing with senior members of the company.
• Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload.
• Pro-active and driven, confident in assessing situations and acting decisively and responsibly.
• Clear and concise English communicator both written and verbal
• If required, the successful candidate will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays, when necessary. The successful candidate may also be required to work offsite if necessary.
•The successful candidate will be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the SEGA management team that are suitable to the job remit.
• Your job content may change from time to time. You will be expected to carry out such additional or alternative duties for the Company as are reasonably consistent with your position or status as the Company may from time to time reasonably require according to the requirements of the Company, its business and the market in which it operates.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.