Junior Software Engineer
Junior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer who will be a key member of our game development team here at SEGA HARDlight working across our live free-to-play mobile games. With our live titles no two days will be the same with a variety of challenges to keep you engaged happening all the time. You will work collaboratively with the teams here at HARDlight to consistently push the boundaries of graphical fidelity on a wider range of formats.
With a small and dynamic team, you will have variety in your work, as well as the freedom to develop creative solutions to the problems you come across.
- Work as a member of the Engineering Team to write quality code under the mentorship of senior members of the team
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Learn about various tech that us and our SEGA partners use
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of C++ and/or C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have great communication skills
- Experience developing using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
- Enjoys free-to-play titles and has an appreciation of the technology that makes free-to-play games successful
- Understanding of multiple areas of game development technology
- Unity and Node.js experience is a bonus
Why work at HARDlight
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- We pride ourselves on helping you achieve your ambitions and offer Udemy courses to help improve your skills to become better equipped to further your career
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
We are taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.