Lead VFX Artist – New Sci-fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
Creative Assembly are looking for a creative and passionate VFX Artist, to join the team at our Studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
Working with the Art Director, the Lead VFX Artist will manage and mentor a small team to create a world class user experience and a uniquely identifiable visual style.
As a Lead VFX artist on this project, will enjoy working with designers and programmers to translate game design requirements into great user experiences.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for the visual communication of information to the player across the game
- Consult widely to gather VFX requirements, working closely with other discipline leads and production across the project and communicating clearly in all directions to construct and maintain an efficient pipeline
- Create high quality, performant visuals in line with art direction for the project.
- Lead a team with passion and enthusiasm, giving effective direction and feedback to experienced artists and mentor developing junior artists
- Demonstrate your expertise through an outstanding portfolio, sharing artistic flair with a keen eye for composition, clarity, and usability.
- Communicate effectively, present ideas confidently and champion the VFX strategy across the team. Good organisation, time management and prioritisation skills are key to this role.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A keen gamer with discerning eye for high quality VFX
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Proven VFX experience from concept to delivery on at least one shipped title
- Excellent VFX and animation skills
- Excellent Knowledge of
- Photoshop, After Effects, and 3D packages such as 3dsmax or Maya
- Particle system terminology and applications
- Proprietary and off the shelf particle editors
- Excellent understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow
- Good technical knowledge of VFX development practices
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.