Senior Brand Manager
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager to assist with the conception and implementation of brand-building marketing and communication campaigns to promote specifically:
- Our Games2Gether brand
- Our games
- And other diversified initiatives as they arise
Specifically, we are seeking a customer-oriented marketer displaying strong creative skills and a passion for the video game industry.
Under the supervision of the Marketing Director, you will:
- Elaborate and coordinate communication plans and marketing campaigns in collaboration with both our own development teams and external partners (public relations and advertising agencies) across all media channels
- Handle relationships with the press agencies and journalists for a number of our existing and upcoming titles (PR coordination)
- You will also assist in the preparation of events (video game conventions, press events) to ensure a high visibility of the games developed by Amplitude Studios
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Play a key role in the Games2Gether program to ensure it is adequately marketed, highly visible and becomes a central platform for the promotion of Amplitude’s titles
- Develop and implement marketing and communication plans, from early concept to final execution, for video game launches on PC, tablets and consoles:
- Directly handling the creation of high quality, impactful marketing assets (teasers, trailers, promotional images, etc…) in collaboration with our development teams, and occasionally managing their production by external advertising agencies (briefing, reviews)
- Coordinating consistent and effective communication campaigns across various media channels (social networks, Steam, blogs), in partnership with Amplitude Community Development team and external public relations agencies
- Manage relationships with the press and ensuring that Amplitude titles receive a high visibility and share of voice on key platforms for the gaming community (ongoing contact with game reviews websites, organization of interviews, studio tours, etc…)
- Assist in the preparation of industry events, conferences and gaming conventions
- Monitor marketing campaigns in collaboration with other departments (sales performance reviews) and suggest re-promotion strategies / potential improvements to ensure our titles reach and exceed their targets
- Basic notions in French, fully fluent or native in English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in entertainment, media or video game industry in a similar or relevant position. An experience in a communication agency would be a very welcome bonus.
- Proven track record in coordinating successful marketing campaigns for video games or other entertainment products.
Required skills and profile
- Capacity to excel in the entire spectrum of marketing tasks: from hands-on asset creation to management of relationships with our partners internationally. Amplitude is a fast growing studio but still of moderate size, thus versatility with both technical and management tasks is imperative for any successful candidate
- Passionate about video games or displaying a strong interest to learn about the gaming industry
- Strong creative skills and ability to form an informed critical judgment on the visual identity of materials produced and their potential appeal to the public
- Strong leadership, autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent project management and planning skills, and ability to run autonomously a complex and long-lasting project involving multiple parties
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, external partners, players community, journalists)
- Take on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.