Experienced/Senior Software Engineer
Experienced/Senior Software EngineerWe are looking for an Experienced/Senior Software Engineer who will be a member of our game development team, and a role model for junior team members at SEGA HARDlight. You will work across our mobile games and help us partner with other SEGA studios bringing world-renowned IP to consoles and new platforms. With our live titles no two days will be the same with a variety of challenges to keep you engaged happening all the time. You will work collaboratively with the teams here at HARDlight to consistently push the boundaries of graphical fidelity on a wider range of formats.
You will also work on projects that will see you targeting the latest platforms, including the like of the Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 consoles. With a small and dynamic team, you will have variety in your work, as well as the freedom to develop creative solutions to the problems you come across.
- Work as a key member of the software engineering team to design and implement game systems & project features
- Collaborate with the Lead Software Engineering to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Assist with planning, work estimation, and task scheduling
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Mentor team members
- Adhere to and enforce good software engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong software engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C# OR C++ experience, and a passion for problem-solving
- You have great communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming techniques
- Working with continuous integration, source control, and code review software
- You have shipped multiple game titles preferably in a senior role
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- Unity and Node.js experience is a bonus
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as with networking, database engines, and server infrastructure
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases, and development of live-ops focused tools
Why work at HARDlight
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- We pride ourselves on helping you achieve your ambitions and offer Udemy courses to help improve your skills to become better equipped to further your career
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
The role will initially be remote, as we have not returned to the office yet. The expectation is that when we do return to the office, we will be taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.