Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there is a wide range of regular social events and activities catering to diverse interests). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for a Technical Animator to join our London based studio to collaborate with animation programmers and animation team, driving our animation process towards the future. The Technical Animator would play a crucial part in the animation pipeline process for our 3D match engine.
- Working with the Animation and Animation Programming team to help create a standard for how animation work is delivered
- Helping to establish best practices and workflows for creating animation
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation to be used by the animation team and assist in defining the animation pipeline
- Work to create tools and processes that will maximise output for animators
- Creating and maintaining different scripts/pipelines for animation production
- Troubleshooting animation-related technical issues (Motionbuilder/Maya)
- Be involved with creating and maintaining Blend Trees and State Graphs
- Good understanding of character rigging and skinning
- Pro-active problem-solving skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, Motionbuilder etc
- Knowledge of animation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Knowledge of animation optimisation techniques
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an animation point of view
- Knowledge of procedural animation workflows
- Proven experience with Python
- Passion for realistic animation style
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.