Marketing Artist – New Sci-fi FPS IP
We are looking for a highly talented Marketing Artist to support the Brand team working on our brand-new Sci-fi FPS IP at our Studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Based within the embedded brand team and reporting to the Lead Video Creative, you will be responsible for creating high quality assets that will be used across the project. From concept work through to marketing and digital media, your visuals will catch the eye of a global FPS audience across a range of channels.
With a solid portfolio showcasing previous work across multiple marketing campaigns, ideally within the games industry, this role would suit someone who leans towards a more stylised aesthetic but is comfortable switching styles from time to time and enjoys creating sci-fi content.
You will be a skilled artist, competent in various 2D and 3D design packages including Photoshop, Illustrator, UE4 and 3D (Maya, 3DS Max etc).
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create a wide range of assets for both digital and print, to a fast-paced schedule, whilst maintaining the high standard expected of an AAA shooter game. Experience with Adobe Premier, After Effects and InDesign would also be a bonus.
- Collaborate closely with not only your team members, but the wider development team. At times supporting the Art and UI teams, SEGA Marketing Team and working closely with external creative agencies.
- Be passionate about your work and have a keen eye for digital production, know what creative will hit the mark on our social channels and help develop a strong visual aesthetic to market our game.
- Skilled with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with UE4, Sequencer & UE4 Blueprints
- Proficient with 3D software e.g., 3DS Max or Maya
- A strong artistic eye for detail, colour, value, tone, silhouette, and lighting, with an understanding of why these are used
- Strong understanding of scene composition
- Ability to communicate and present ideas clearly
- Ability to prioritise workflow and deliver assets on time
- Passionate artist with a strong portfolio, particularly across marketing campaigns, to support this
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Ability to create and edit videos with Adobe Premier and After Effects (motion graphics design)
- Previous experience within the games industry at a studio, 1st party or publisher, on a AAA title
- Knowledge and understanding of web and UX design, particularly using ContentStack / headless CMS
- Experience designing email marketing templates
- Love of FPS games
- Key art – packaging, banners, posters, flyers or similar
- Stylised social media content – Instagram posts, mosaics or other strong visual social content
- Example(s) of 3D work
- Example(s) of work in UE4
- Sci-fi environments or other sci-fi themed work
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.