Junior Software Engineer (Porting)
Role Overview – Junior Software Engineer (Porting)
As a Junior Software Engineer you will be a key member of development on our porting projects here at SEGA HARDlight. You’d be working closely with many different SEGA studios on new and existing IPs, to bring these much loved titles to new platforms – including Google Stadia, Microsoft Game Pass, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo etc. You’d work on a variety of custom engines and Unity based projects, so experience with C++ and C# is important.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring SEGA titles to a larger audience, and to be instrumental in creating a fantastic working relationship between many SEGA studios.
- Work as a member of the Engineering Team to write quality code under the mentorship of senior members of the team
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Learn about various tech that us and our SEGA partners use
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of C++/C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have great communication skills
- Experience developing using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR APPLICATION