Junior Gameplay Programmer - CA Sofia
At Creative Assembly Sofia we are looking for a Gameplay/Generalist programmer to join us on our new Unreal 5 project.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced game development team. You will be a key member of the team, creating runtime features which are at the heart of the users’ experience. You will have both good technical knowledge and a real passion for making great games.
Please note: We are unable to sponsor a worker Visa for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in Bulgaria.
At Creative Assembly, we are passionate about playing and making games so you will come with a good knowledge of the games industry in general. As a Gameplay Programmer you will be working closely with the entire development team, creating the features that engage and delight our players. These C++ systems must be robust, easy to use and performant across all platforms.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be:
- Designing & developing C++ gameplay systems
- Producing rapid prototypes using C++ or blueprint
- Supporting content creators: designers and animators
- Producing & maintaining performant high-quality code
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Experience in Unreal Engine development
- Happy and confident working with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
Nice to have
- Experience with multi-platform development
- Experience in optimization and performance analysis tools
- Knowledge of AI systems in Unreal
- Understanding of networking technologies and techniques
- Understanding of Unreal animation system
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.