The QA Manager will be managing all testing and staff development for a franchise within our award-winning Total War series. You will manage resources between multiple teams working across projects in different stages of development to ensure that each project hits milestones efficiently and on target.
We are looking for someone who has a strong desire to build and develop individuals into an industry leading QA team that continues to deliver quality, polished Total War experiences to our fans. You will be expected to uphold the high standards and best practices of Creative Assembly QA while looking for opportunities to improve on current processes that continue to push the discipline forward.
You will need to be able to critically assess priorities between projects and assign resource as needed, finding solutions that satisfy conflicting priorities. Working closely with the production team you will be expected to represent QA at the highest levels ensuring quality concerns are heard and provide solutions that satisfy both quality and project goals.
You will be responsible for all QA deliverables for projects within a Total War franchise, assessing the quality of releases and determining if they meet the high standards and expectations of CA. This includes but is not limited to our biggest tentpole titles and all associated DLC and will be expected to do so for multiple simultaneous projects.
As QA Manager you will also be responsible for staff development within your team, developing individuals to their fullest potential and ensuring that your team has all the skills and support needed to full fill their roles to the highest standards.
You will work closely with QA department upper management on your recruitment plans, contributing significantly to the role requirements, selection and the interview process.
As QA Manager you will be the primary point of contact for testing on your franchise, expected to represent QA to all stakeholders, both internal and external and to make sure QA’s interests are considered from project conception to post release.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Key capability: Strong knowledge and experience of PC and video games development, QA management and associated support services
- Proven experience managing games development QA teams
- Managing games QA teams of at least 20 people
- Experience leading QA teams on multiple AAA game titles
- Experience with resourcing and developing QA staff
- Strong knowledge of games QA tools and automation
- A comprehensive understanding of the PC platform
- A good understanding of games development QA skillsets and related career pathways
- A focussed, positive and driven approach to problem solving
- Test Plan authoring skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good knowledge of the Total War series
- Experience working on Strategy and/or in-depth game genres
- Experience working on at least one Live Service project
- Experience working and collaborating with external QA resource teams
- JIRA, Excel and BI skills
- High technical ability and understanding
- Test scripting experience
- Metrics analysis skills
- A good understanding of development skillsets and related career pathways
- Experience contributing to QA department strategies
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
Closing Date: Friday 10th April 2020
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.