Senior Licensing Manager - New IP
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Licencing Manager to join our games development studio supporting and predominantly focused on securing compelling licensed content to create an exciting new video game experience.
Reporting to the Executive Producer on the project, the Senior Licencing Manager will have responsibility for the day to day management of key licensor and agent relationships for the title currently in development. This role will require working with the SEGA legal team, to ensure the deal approval processes, contract and royalties management systems, as well as the tracking of annual licensing budget expenditure are all executed smoothly throughout the project
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and will possess a passion for brands, product innovation and business development. They will also be highly organised and able to manage multiple complex negotiations and relationships concurrently.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify existing IP’s and Brands that resonate strongly with our target audiences, with a fantastic ability to spot upcoming trends. This is a unique opportunity to help mould this exciting new FPS IP.
As the ‘go-to’ person for critical aspects of the overall experience, this role is an exciting & invigorating challenge for someone looking to develop a world-class portfolio of licensor relationships.
In the role of Senior Licencing Manager, you will work in collaboration with other members of the command team, most notably the Creative Director, the Art Director and the Head of Marketing & PR. You will be responsible for developing the strategy and vision for our licensing relationships across all areas of the game, marketing assets, materials and live events. As a part of the licence acquisition process, you will feed into the game development Budget Planning and forecasting.
You will be directly responsible for then actively reaching out to, and securing, mutually beneficial relationships with a significant number of well-known Brands, IP and recognisable content. You will successfully identify suitable licensing partners and negotiate and close deals across multiple product categories within the US, UK and internationally.
Working closely with Head of Marketing & PR, you will work to develop strong and sustainable relationships with global and regional IP holders. You will own relationships with licensing agents ensuring clear and regular communication. In this role, you will also liaise with other departments within SEGA including brand pillar teams to obtain IP & Brand information and regional market data. You will also be required to attend trade fairs and other regional meetings with existing and prospective licensing partners.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Solid business acumen
- Extensive licensing experience in related entertainment industries
- Previous experience with licensing partners
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Focused, self-motivated, proactive, and highly organised
- Flexible approach to work with willingness to take on extra but relevant responsibilities outside the normal remit of the role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with minimal supervision
- Languages such as Russian, French, German and/or Spanish would be an advantage
- An existing portfolio of Brand & IP contacts
- A passion and interest in the First-Person Shooter (FPS) genre on PC & Console
- Familiar with emerging trends in multiple forms of entertainment, culture, fashion & music
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
Closing Date: 21st April 2020
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.