Junior Accounting & Administrative Officer
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for an Junior Accounting & Administrative Officer to contribute to the studio’s growth by primarily assisting the finance team with accounting and reporting tasks and helping with administrative tasks as they arise during the course of day-to-day operations. If you are passionate about video-games, this is an invaluable opportunity to support development teams! More specifically, under the supervision of the administrative team, your main responsibilities will initially include:
- Prepare the necessary elements to establish monthly & annual accounts
- Handle and organize supplier invoices and ensure that all costs are properly tracked
- Manage payments of payable invoices and expense reports on a weekly basis
- Perform and analyze all bank/credit card reconciliations
- Monitor and analyze the studio’s cash flow
- Assist in the relationship with the studio’s financial partners (bank, external accountants, etc.)
- Manage the relationship with our general purchase suppliers
- Handle administrative and office management tasks to maintain a high-quality working environment for everyone at the studio (personal expenses, office supply, mail and packages, travel planning, etc.)
In the short term, the position could evolve to include more accounting-related responsibilities :
- Optimize supplier sourcing and procurement
- Assist in the establishment of the yearly general expense budget
- Manage cash transfers with the parent company
- Oversee the reporting of monthly accounts to the parent company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar field
- 2 years of experience as Accounting Assistant or similar position
- Fluent in both French and English
- Well organized, detail-oriented, rigorous and able to follow-up on multiple workstreams in parallel
- Excellent Office Suite proficiency, especially in Excel
- Impeccable communication skills, to be able to work with different profiles both internally and externally
- Being a team-player
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm is a must!
- Passionate about video games or strong interest to discover the industry
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.