Project Art Director
A once in a lifetime opportunity to be at the beginning of something extraordinary with our new project in Horsham and a dream position for the right candidate. You’ll work with the team behind Total War, Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2 to create unforgettable game experiences. This role is for a world class art director to define, direct and drive the artistic vision.
As Project Art Director, you will focus on providing day to day direction to the art team by communicating the vision internally and with partners. You will inspire, grow, mentor, and support a stellar team of artists on their goal of creating unforgettable thrilling and immersive experiences players will love.
This is a unique opportunity to craft and build a new, diverse art team which embodies creative excellence and forward-thinking management practices. A successful candidate would understand how to balance the artistic vision with the technical constraints, and the needs of the game and business to deliver with future titles in mind.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create and direct the art vision and visual development from concept to screen
- Build, inspire, motivate, and mentor the art team to deliver the best experience for the player
- Implement art vision in-game
- Focus on both aesthetics and efficiency of content and content production
- Effectively collaborates with peers and partners across team to maximise overall performance
- Communicate effectively with all engaged in the project (internal and external)
- Provide clear, consistent, and timely feedback that improves team’s work
- Be a key stakeholder in delivering unforgettable player experience.
- Proven experience of leading art teams and visual direction within a game development environment
- Strong creativity and imaginative problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding for all things visual, contemporary real-time tech and techniques
- Natural collaborator
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for the player experience
- Demonstrate skilled management of time and resources to achieve aims, and adjust accordingly
- Open attitude, able to work well under pressure, adaptable and solution focused
- Demonstrable track records as art lead/owner on one or more released products
- Exceptionally talented and motivated artist with strong traditional art skills
- A body of work spanning across multiple titles and genres
- Deep understanding of art content production and industry standard game tool sets
- Deep understanding of art content implementation with a history of hands on in-game implementation (Unreal or other).
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.