Experienced Software Engineer (Porting)
Role Overview – Experienced Software Engineer (Porting)
We’re looking for an Experienced generalist programmer to be a key member for our game porting projects at SEGA HARDlight. You’d be working closely with many different SEGA studios on new and existing IPs, to bring these much-loved titles to new platforms – including Google Stadia, Microsoft Game Pass, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo etc.
You would work on a variety of custom engines and Unity based projects, so experience with C++ and C# is important.
You would be expected to adhere to, and actively encourage, good engineering practices and SEGA worldwide tech standards.
To bring SEGA titles to a larger audience, and to be instrumental in creating a fantastic working relationship between many SEGA studios.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- A full development cycle as a programmer or software engineer.
- C++ and C# programming experience.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with current generation engines or proprietary engines.
- Experience porting.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure.
- An interest in various tech and workflows.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension.
- Flexible working hours.
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel.
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.