Senior Environment Artist
Senior Environment Artist
Department: Art & Animation
Location: Remote or Sports Interactive, Here East, London
Reporting to: Senior Art Producer / Visualisation Director
Reporting to the Senior Art Producer and working closely with the Visualisation Director, our Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for creating realistic, performant and high-fidelity environments for our Football Manager franchise and its various games and products. As a Senior member of the Art team, we would look to you to lead by example, collaborate with, and mentor more junior team members, as well as defining the quality bar of Environment Art, you would also be involved in direction and sign off environment art.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Create environment art for the Football Manager franchise and other SI Games products. Including, but not limited to, stadiums, exteriors, interiors.
- Work with bespoke in-house engines and tooling
- Create environments which are efficient, performant and built to established technical specifications.
- Demonstrate good all-round Art skills
- Attention to detail with strong documentation and communication skills
- Expertly proficient in a 3D package - Maya preferred
- Experience with UE4 and Unity preferred
- Proficient in a 2D packages – Adobe, Substance, etc
- Comfortable working in task tracking software - JIRA
- Expert knowledge of video game development with several previously published titles
- Able to accurately plan and estimate workload
- To be a self-starter, proactive and punctual
- Sports game experience preferred
- Experience with project management software
- A good knowledge of Football (the sport), Football Manager (the video game), and video games knowledge preferred.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there is a wide range of regular social events and activities catering to diverse interests). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.