Engineering Business Analyst
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Engineering Business Analyst
Manager of Engineering Services
330 US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Non-Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position has the responsibility to assist in the management, tracking, and evaluation of Engineering’s capital construction activities by providing accounting and analytical support to the business unit.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
2 Year / Associate Degree
accounting, business administration, or related discipline
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
accounting, finance, or business Administration with a concentration in accounting
Three plus years’ applicable accounting experience which may include one or more of the following: utility plant and asset management, accounts payable and accounts receivable experience; general ledger accounting; cost accounting principles, balancing and reconciling accounts.
Applicable process documentation experience and/or a certification in business process improvement.
Completion of RUS Borrower Accounting course within 3 years of date of hire.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine. Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret financial statements, business process documents, and construction invoices.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment, ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Demonstrated listening, verbal, and written communication skills to accurately prepare all types of office correspondence; design and produce reports; effective planning and organizational skills with excellent documentation and detail orientation; ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines; work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with managers, employees, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies, and others; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills, and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Excellent math skills and ability to prepare spreadsheets.
- Knowledge in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, concepts and practices; accounting processes and improvement techniques and tools; application of automated systems for financial reporting and accounting purposes.
- Knowledge of technical skills necessary to perform financial impact forecasts, cost-benefit analyses, and statistical analyses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with efficiency in Word and advanced knowledge in Excel; ability to acquire skills and use of applicable corporate Cost and General Accounting computer systems.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general sedentary office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.