Safety, Compliance & Loss Prevention Manager
Jobvite, our Applicant Tracking System third party administrator, uses Amazon's SES Platform and unfortunately emails are being blocked by most email engines and directed to your JUNK/SPAM folders. We want to make sure you see receive and can see all communications related to your application; therefore, we are kindly asking that after you submit an application frequently visit your junk/spam folders and look for emails that end in [email protected] via amazonses.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Safety, Compliance & Loss Prevention Manager
Safety & Risk Management
Chief Corporate Services Officer
293 S HWY Highway 301 Sumterville, FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, genetics or individuals with disabilities, or protected veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for managing the coordination and implementation of health and safety programs to assure safe working conditions including compliance with all OSHA, NESC, ANSI/ASTM, FMCSA, FDOT, and all other Federal, State, and Local regulatory guidelines, cooperative policies, and procedures. This position has responsibility for facility, vehicle and field safety compliance practices to conduct crew/employee safety audits and accident/incident investigations; oversee and directly assist and advise with all technical training and progression testing for skilled trades and crafts personnel; oversee and manages worker’s compensation, general liability, auto liability, and property insurance, and is accountable but collaborates with General Counsel, external legal counsel and Corporate Security on damage claims, damage revenue loss collection, and civil litigations. This position will also manage the Rural Electric Safety Achievement Program (RESAP) to ensure compliance with safety policies and regulations by conducting regular inspections of vehicles, tools, facilities, substations and monitoring housekeeping standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Industrial Safety, Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or a similar field.
NRECA Certified Loss Control Professional (CLCP) (Obtain within 4 years)
Certified/Qualified Journeyman electrical line technician with 4 plus years of experience.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP)
OSHA 30 Certification (Obtain within 2 years)
Eight years progressive experience in safety management and administration or electric utility operations with a minimum of three years in a management position supervising multiple individuals and functions.
Experience or similar work with a distribution electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
- Frequent business travel to all areas of service territory required.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday; however, this position is an active on-call role and after hours and weekend availability is required.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Driving Requirements: Valid Florida Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to function in a work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems. Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. ability to acquire working knowledge and use of applicable corporate programs as they relate to the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety management programs related to electrical safety.
- Effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment; ability to accurately and promptly perform multiple priorities calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Effective communications skills including written, verbal and listening skills including highly developed skills to conduct presentations to employees, management, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies or others. Experience presenting to large groups in a classroom or field environment.
- Effective conflict management and leadership skills; ability to make and implement sound decisions; demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills and time management; detail oriented; strong analytical and process management skills; demonstrated change management aptitude and ability.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and manage time effectively and adhere to strict deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven experience conducting investigations.
- Solid analytical ability to identify alternative solutions; analyze and interpret job related business periodicals, safety rules and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of electric utility operations and construction standards; familiarity with all national electric code rules and regulations; OSHA regulatory compliance; NESC, ANSI/ASTM, FMCSA, FDOT related to electric utilities; federal, state and local laws and regulations related to safety and health; ability to acquire knowledge of SECO Energy’s specification.
- Thorough and practical knowledge of emergency response functions as they apply to electric utilities; expertise in conducting field safety audits of electric utility crews and facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA standards and protocols, including 29 CFR Part 1910.269 (Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution) including NIOSH, NFPA70E, DOT, Hazcom, Personal Safety Equipment, NAPA70-E for electrical, and OSHA 30.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
This person is expected to perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Safety Audits & Training:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment with moderate field exposure. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional business travel may be required.