INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Geospatial System Administrator
330 S US Hwy 301, Sumterville, FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for delivering a wide variety GIS technical services to the various departments of the Cooperative in support of different business processes. Primary responsibilities include providing custom cartographic services, GIS data support (acquisition, cleaning, maintenance, analysis, conversion, etc.) and configuration of web GIS applications to the Cooperative.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
GIS, geography, computer science, or related Engineering field
Four (4) years of experience in a GIS environment with mapping responsibilities.
Experience in handling, analyzing, and converting spatial/non-spatial data.
Experience with ESRI ArcGIS platform.
Experience with GE Smallworld GIS, AutoCAD, FME and SQL.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
May consider an Associate Degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or related Engineering field with ten years of progressively responsible experience in GIS environment.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Frequent business travel to all areas of service territory required.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to acquire GIS data from governmental agencies/private vendors and prepare the data to be used in corporate GIS environments.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Critical thinking and attention to details.
- Effective at producing high quality cartographic maps, mapbooks, infographics, and web GIS applications.
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal and listening; effectively interact with employees and managers; to accurately prepare all types of business correspondence, design and reports; effective planning and organizational skills, documentation and detail oriented; ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines and work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Expertise in processing, creating, managing, manipulating, analyzing, and presenting spatial/non-spatial data.
- Proficiency in converting data formats from multiple sources (i.e., AutoCAD, ESRI, Smallworld, MicroStation) into required formats and coordinate systems of choice.
- Proficiency in the operation of personal computers and MS Office products; AutoCAD functions and script files; work with a Relational Database Management System (RDMS) utilizing MS Access or Oracle; ability to acquire skills in the use of other applicable database programs and customer information systems.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS platform (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS for Portal, and field data collection apps).
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This position has general office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.