Member Planning Supervisor
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Member Planning Supervisor
Manager of Engineering Services
330 S US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for effectively directing the distribution line design function of the Cooperative to ensure all facilities are designed and constructed in accordance with RUS, NESC and SECO Energy standards; and to ensure compliance with the Cooperative’s rate schedules, design and line extension policies and procedures. This position has responsibility to manage the workflow processes assigned to the group and evaluate processes for improvement. Manage engineering functions involved with the design of services, subdivisions, ordinary replacements, lights, and upgrades of the distribution system.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering
Eight years progressively responsible experience in electrical system design, construction, and operations.
Experience supervising multiple individuals and functions.
GE Design Manager or similar computer aided design program experience.
Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Florida.
Experience or similar work with an electric distribution utility or related system.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of SECO Energy’s Cost Accounting and Customer Accounting systems.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of RUS design guides and costs, construction specifications, construction techniques and practices.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment; ability to accurately and promptly perform multiple priorities calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Effective communications skills including written, verbal, and listening including the ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, procedures, and training manuals; prepare and conduct presentations to employees, management, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies.
- Excellent conflict management and leadership skills with ability to make and implement sound decisions commensurate with responsibilities; demonstrated organizational, prioritization and time management skills; detail oriented; strong analytical and process management skills; and demonstrated change management aptitude and ability.
- Effective in the use of all MS Office products; ability to acquire knowledge and proficiency in the use of applicable corporate database programs and customer information systems.
- Strong supervisory skills including effective employee coaching qualities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of electricity and all areas of distribution line design and mechanical line design calculations; utility and NESC specifications.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
This position has responsibility for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees in the Member Planning unit. This position provides technical, procedural, and behavioral guidance and mentoring for the engineering positions. This person is expected to perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment with frequent field work and moderate exposure to inclement weather. Occasional travel between work centers may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.