INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Financial & Administrative Services
Managers of Supply Chain
293 S US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
The position is responsible for directing warehousing functions for all warehouse locations, coordinating the daily warehouse activities for all warehouse locations for ordering, receiving, storing, loading, budgeting and inventory control in an orderly manner to ensure proper inventory levels of tools, equipment, materials and supplies are available to maintain productive operations for Cooperative employees and contract crews. Ensures paperwork is complete and updated properly; accurate and timely loading of materials; housekeeping and organization are maintained at an acceptable level.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
2 Year / Associate Degree
2 Year / Associate Degree
business administration with emphasis on warehouse or inventory management
Professional certification in inventory management or warehousing.
Six (6) years’ experience in progressive warehousing, inventory control functions, materials management.
Two (2) years’ experience leading and directing the work of others.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, cellular phones, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
- Frequent business travel to all areas of service territory required.
- Forklift experience and ability to acquire corporate forklift certification.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to acquire knowledge of RUS construction specifications and National Electric Safety Code safety regulations; ability to read and interpret distribution line construction drawings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment; ability to manage multiple priorities calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to acquire knowledge of corporate computer system for supply chain management and inventory control.
- Solid knowledge of purchasing procedures, accounting, inventory control, including planning material requirements and use of material bar code systems.
- Sound reasoning and decision-making skills with ability to make and implement decisions commensurate with responsibilities; detail orientation, prioritization and time management skills; ability to effectively direct the work of others.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and listening; strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees, managers, subcontractors, vendors and the public; ability to prepare all types of business correspondence to include, but not limited to, reports, manuals, training material or presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing procedures, accounting, inventory control, including planning material requirements, material bar code and RFID systems.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
This person is expected to perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Directs and plans all warehousing functions for each warehouse location. Assigns work schedules and reporting locations effectively utilizing warehouse personnel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment with frequent exposure to warehouse and storage yard in adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.