Asset & Compliance Specialist
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Asset & Compliance Specialist
Contract Compliance Supervisor
Headquarters: 301 S US HWY 301, Sumterville Fl 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
Tuesday, May 10, 2022*
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for performing distribution network updates to the GIS database based on actual field conditions of all distribution facilities and land base features; collecting, maintaining and review of spatial database information to ensure it properly reflects the real-world network; perform field audits; prepare and track NESC code violations and GPS collection activities associated with all GIS applications. This position is also responsible for processing Joint Use (JU) permits and the enforcement of JU code violation procedures.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Minimum 2 Year / Associate DegreeMajor: GIS, geography, computer science or engineering related field.
Preferred4 Year / Bachelors DegreeMajor: GIS, geography, computer science or engineering related field.
Minimum Three (3) years’ experience in a GIS environment to include maintaining network models, setting up GPS data dictionaries, collecting and processing field inventory information or a similar position in an electric utility.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job-related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
- Frequent business travel to all areas of service territory required.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to acquire knowledge of SECO’s overhead and underground construction specifications; joint use attachment specifications, including ability to read construction drawings (job designs), material components and assembly specifications.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment, and the ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal and listening to effectively interact with employees, managers, subcontractors, vendors, and the public; ability to analyze and interpret job related business periodicals and technical manuals; to write reports and assist in preparation of training manuals.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to work independently and results oriented to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of geospatial database and modeling of an electrical distribution system and its construction compatible unit inventory.
- Proficiency in the operation of personal computers and MS Office products with strong knowledge of Excel; and ability to acquire knowledge and use of GE Smallworld Design Manager and other applicable corporate computer systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of GPS technology, GIS software/hardware and data collection methods with ability to collect GPS location information and process the data into a GIS system.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
- Perform input, maintenance, and retrieval of GIS data; update corporate GIS using GE Smallworld Design Manager.
- Capture GPS equipment locations: verify questionable areas in GIS to ensure field information is accurately represented.
- Inspect large jobs and/or system upgrades and newly constructed facilities to ensure asset information is property identified and tagged as directed.
- Assist with field verification of all distribution assets and land base features.
- Create and update documentation to support labeling of field equipment (loop_ids, decals, and mobile viewing application).
- Assist with development of GIS documentation for specific GIS standards related to entering data and annotation placement.
- Assist with coordinating, performing and documenting database mapping connectivity procedures and processes; trouble shoot network connectivity issues and resolve system conflicts.
- Assist with development of technical documentation on business processes and provide training.
- Provide end user support of SECO’s mobile viewing solution.
- Assist with verifying PowerOn network model build issues as needed.
- Work with other departmental team members to support the work order job design application and related business processes.
- Assist with resolving field issues, make recommendations for improvements to ensure data integrity and quality and implement changes as directed.
- Assist with joint use and area light field audits as directed; stay current with joint use attachment specifications and procedures necessary to ensure Joint Use Tracking System (JUTS) can be maintained properly.
- Perform field validation on joint use code violations; distribute violation notifications and track to ensure issues are resolved timely by the joint use vendors/companies
- Assist with the work order inspections’ program when required.
- Perform audits on the inspections completed by contractors to ensure compliance with audit scope of work.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.