Member Support Associate
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Member Support Associate
Member Support Supervisor
330 South US 301 Sumterville, FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the identification and response to member service needs by telephone, in person, or through other channels and to promote cooperative services and products. This position may be subject to overtime on short notice, on-call and call-out after normal working hours and on weekends and holidays to effectively respond to members for power outages and emergency situations. This position may be assigned to the call center, service center or office support based on business needs and demonstrated job knowledge, skills, abilities and performance.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Minimum High School or GEDMajor: Diploma or equivalent
Preferred OtherMajor: Post high school training/education in Business.
Administration, Communication and Microsoft
Preferred 2 Year / Associate DegreeMajor: Business related field.
Minimum Two years’ recent job related experience in a customer service or call center capacity.
Preferred Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Preferred Cash handling experience.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- This position is subject to 8-hour rotating shifts Monday through Friday, between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm Frequent business travel to all areas of service territory required.
- Requires the ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling, work overtime or report to work on short notice, call-out and on-call assignments.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Local business travel between the Call Centers and/or Member Service Centers may be required as deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports and take appropriate action under direction.
- Ability to become proficient in cash handling, balancing and use of a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to maintain confidential information; to effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment; ability to perform multiple tasks and priorities calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Ability to read and interpret process and workflow documentation, customer service practices and procedures and adhere to them; to acquire knowledge of the cooperative’s service territory, services, programs, products, rates and fees; calculate fees, deposits and electric usage; ability to be persuasive and effectively solicit customer participation.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
- Effective organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines; ability to work independently and as a team member in a structured environment.
- Proficiency in the operation of personal computers, including knowledge of MS Office products; ability to acquire skill in the use of the customer information system and other applicable electronic resources as they relate to the position; accurate computer data entry with minimum typing speed of 34 wpm.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
- Consistently demonstrate outgoing, courteous, friendly, and professional manners, as prescribed, by telephone or customer facing, as well as through other channels of communication.
- Perform efficient and effective account management, as prescribed.
- Resolve or refer member service, consumption, or billing complaints or other issues to designated individuals or work units, as appropriate.
- Contact members to respond to inquiries and requests or to notify them of results.
- Maintain acceptable key performance indicators, call-out and on-call response, as applicable.
- Promote appropriate SECO Energy products and service programs, as appropriate.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has a call or service center environment, and the noise level may be uncomfortable or distracting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.