Energy Services Specialist
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Energy Services Specialist
Corporate Services and Energy Services
Energy Services Field Supervisor
293 SW US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for performing residential and commercial energy assessments; resolution of high usage inquiries; residential meter testing; infrared audits; solar assessments; resolution of electric equipment access issues; promotion of the Cooperative’s customer service programs; responsible for preparing and presenting energy saving and electrical safety programs to various civic/community organizations and local schools to encourage the beneficial use of electricity and provide education on the safe and wise use of electrical appliances.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
2 Year / Associate Degree
Marketing, public relations or business-related field.
Four years of experience in a customer service position requiring extensive contact with customers.
Experience with an electric utility or related industry.
Certification to perform Residential/Commercial Energy Assessments.
National Incident Management System certification or willingness to obtain certification(s) within one year of employment.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
- Frequent business travel to all areas of service territory required.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge to perform both residential and commercial energy assessments, meter accuracy tests; ability to resolve high usage investigations; a thorough understanding of electricity, energy usage, operation of appliances, HVAC systems, thermography, renewable energy and surge protection.
- Ability to resolve electric equipment access issues by engaging consumers and contractors to ensure safe clearance around all infrastructures.
- Awareness of state of Florida energy codes, National Electric Codes, and local building codes.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Office products; ability to acquire working knowledge of applicable corporate programs as they relate to the position.
- Ability to obtain knowledge about and proficiently use audio visual equipment to enhance community and departmental presentations.
- Demonstrated listening, verbal and written communication skills; accurately prepare all types of office correspondence, design and produce reports; prepare presentations; speak in public to large groups of people in diverse crowds; ability to be persuasive and effectively solicit member participation in cooperative service programs.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with excellent documentation and detail orientation; ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines and work independently and in a team environment to accomplish established goals.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for interaction with managers, employees, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies and others; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain knowledge of the cooperative’s surge protection equipment program and ability to become proficient in surge protection equipment, sales, reporting, service order processing.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, and effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment, ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in all situations.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Effectively gather and analyze data to perform both residential and commercial energy assessments; prepare related correspondence/reports.
Administer single-phase meter testing, analyze data, and educate members accordingly.
Identify electric equipment access issues and engage consumers and contractors in resolving safe clearance concerns.
Assist those in need of Special Interest (medically essential life-sustaining equipment), Angel Fund or other SECO Energy services and utilize all available resources to ensure consumer needs are met in a timely manner.
Perform annual Special Interest Verifications for qualifying members to receive all benefits associated with utilizing medically essential life-sustaining equipment.
Utilize technical and practical knowledge to perform thermal imaging studies; provide high quality reports.
Respond to, resolve, and document all customer inquiries in a timely manner using phone, internet or in person; perform high usage investigations; initiate service order adjustments, as necessary; assist other departments as needed to resolve customer concerns.
Promote, sell, and install surge protection products; maintain assigned product inventory.
Perform on-site investigations and resolve surge damage claims, update records and follow-up as needed.
Prepare for and conduct presentations on a variety of topics throughout SECO Energy’s service area, including, but not limited to civic/community groups, schools, and customer facilities.
Assist in the development of creative displays for the Annual Meeting, other cooperative and public functions.
Assist in the development of new presentations to promote energy savings, SECO Energy products and services.
Maintain a current knowledge of emerging products in energy technologies and energy auditing methods.
Educate members on renewables, including solar, wind and biomass.
Investigate and resolve photovoltaic concerns related to net metering with input from billing department when appropriate.
Represent SECO Energy within the community; act as liaison with Key Accounts and report to Emergency Operation Centers during emergency situations, as directed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This position has general office environment with extensive driving and field exposure. The employee is occasionally exposed to inclement weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.