Research Associate, Cell Line Engineering
We are seeking a highly capable laboratory-based Research Associate to assist in cell line engineering and associated assay development. This scientist will be a part of the Antibody Discovery team, generating therapeutic antibodies for tumor-directed antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The primary responsibilities will be designing expression vectors, generating cell lines, and developing assays for antibody characterization. The candidate should work well within a highly collaborative team environment, while being able to work independently to design, execute, troubleshoot, optimize, and interpret experiments. The position title and compensation package are flexible and will be determined based on the qualifications and experience level of the candidate.
• Generate engineered cell lines using transfection, lentiviral transduction, and CRISPR/Cas9 tools
• Design vectors for use in cell line engineering
• Evaluate target expression and antibody specificity by flow cytometry
• Design and optimize cell-based assays for antibody screening and characterization
• Collaborate on the design of antibody campaigns and the selection strategy for lead biologics
• Coordinate workflows with cross-functional teams, project leads, and CROs
• Keep detailed and accurate laboratory records, communicate results in written and oral format, and present results at group meetings and cross-departmental meetings
• BS or MS with 1+ years of research experience in academic/biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Outstanding mammalian cell culture skills required
• Experience in cell line engineering, vector design, flow cytometry, cell-based assay development, or high throughput applications is preferred but not required
• Strong desire for continued learning
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while handing multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to generate high quality documentation and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences through oral and written formats
• Solution-oriented, with strong analytical, interpersonal, organization, and time-management skills
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.