Research Associate III Cell Line Generation
We are seeking a highly capable and motivated laboratory-based scientist with a technical background in cell line generation and assay development. This Research Associate will be a part of the Antibody Discovery team that generates therapeutic antibodies for our preclinical programs in oncology. The primary responsibilities will include engineering cell lines and validating their use in flow cytometry and optimizing functional assays for use in hybridoma screening. The candidate should work well within a highly collaborative team environment, while being able to work independently to design, execute, troubleshoot, optimize, and interpret experiments. Specific position level will be commensurate with applicant’s experience.
- Design, execute, troubleshoot, optimize, and interpret experiments
- Utilize transfection, CRISPR/Cas9 tools, and lentiviral transduction for the generation of stable cell lines
- Utilize molecular biology concepts to design constructs for use in cell line generation, both for overexpression and knockout
- Evaluate target expression and validate antibody reagents by flow cytometry
- Design and optimize cell-based assays for lead antibody characterization, which may include ligand blocking assays or cytotoxicity assays
- Coordinate workflows with cross-functional teams, project leads and CROs
- Keep detailed and accurate laboratory records, communicate results in written and oral format, and present results at group meetings and cross-departmental meetings
- Maintain laboratory spaces, equipment, and supplies
- 5+ years of experience in an academic, biotech, or pharmaceutical research setting
- Requires 1+ years of experience in cell line generation, and must include transfection, CRISPR/Cas9 tools, and lentiviral transduction
- Requires hands-on experience staining cells for flow cytometry and running the instrument independently
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously, while tracking goals and performance on team deliverables
- The ability to be flexible and shift individual and team priorities based on leadership and/or company changes
- Ability to generate high quality documentation and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences through oral and written formats
- Team player and solution-oriented, with strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biological sciences or relevant field
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.