Research Associate II/III Cancer Therapeutics
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and passionate research associate to join the Antibody Discovery team. The successful candidate will support and contribute to the characterization of novel cancer therapeutics (including antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates). Activities will include development and execution of assays to characterize therapeutic potency and mechanisms of action. The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background, proven track record of technical excellence, and be able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences.
- Quantify cytotoxic potential and effector function of antibodies/ADCs using cell-based cytotoxicity assays and flow cytometry
- Investigate MOAs of our therapeutics through development, optimization and execution of complex assays
- Tackle program-critical mechanistic questions to facilitate the advancement of research programs at various stages, often requiring innovative assay development
- Maintain records of experimental progress using electronic laboratory notebook and written technical reports
- Present experimental results and scientific rationale to colleagues within and outside of research
- B.S. or M.S. degree in the biological sciences (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Immunology, Life Sciences, or related field) is required
- 2-4 years of laboratory research experience is required
- Experience and expertise in mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, and multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Excellent skills in organization, time management, and written/verbal communication is required
- Proficiency with electronic data analysis and communication tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Prism, Flowjo) is required
- Position requires laboratory work, which includes extended periods of sitting and standing
- Title is commensurate with experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.