Senior Manager Revenue Accounting
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Senior Manager, Revenue is primarily responsible to drive and support development of cross functional processes relating to gross to net estimates and liabilities for global revenue recognition. This role will support the evaluation and documentation of US GAAP accounting treatment for complex gross to net estimates, including new product launches and new contracts. The Senior Manager, Revenue will also identify and lead accounting process improvement initiatives. This position partners with local and regional accounting teams, commercial teams, as well as external finance partners.
- Lead and support monthly accounting close activities for complex gross to net estimates, including maintenance of documentation, preparation and/or review of journal entries, and account reconciliations (including regional distribution agreements)
- Monitor, evaluate, and support revenue accounting implications of product launches, distribution agreements, new customer contracts
- Assist with SOX compliance processes including the ongoing design and documentation of key controls
- Provide and support external auditors during quarterly and year end audits
- Partner and support team members and technical accounting team to ensure alignment of accounting treatment for revenue contracts across the organization
- Drive and support continued development of cross functional processes relating to complex gross to net estimates including sourcing critical data and performing analytics in support of accurate financial estimates
- Support and continue development of reporting and analyses of actual results
- Support cross functional projects of commercial business partners as a key stakeholder
- Support global revenue accounting projects with focus on process improvements as a leading team member
- Strong expertise in Microsoft software suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Revenue and/or public accounting experience
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate across and within different levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively lead cross functional projects and deliverables
- CPA preferred
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience in pharmaceutical or life science revenue accounting or technical accounting role or the equivalent combination of education and experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.