Associate Director Global Scientific Communications Congress Strategy and Operations
The Associate Director, Global Scientific Communications will be accountable for development and operational execution of the global medical congress excellence strategy and ensuring alignment of activities with overall program strategy. The Associate Director will also be responsible for supervising operational excellence across the Scientific Communications team overseeing efforts on cross-functional Medical Affairs resources and our internal non-promotional review committee. The Associate Director will report to, and work closely with, the Head of Global Scientific Communications to provide strategic and operational support for executing on Medical Affairs medical congress goals and objectives.
- Supervises, mentors, and leads Global Congress Strategy & Scientific Communications Operations Team
- Co-chair cross-functional planning teams such as the congress task force providing strategic guidance/recommendations to ensure congress elements and internal meeting planning are in alignment with Medical Affairs, Commercial and corporate goals
- Develop an annual medical congress plan including 3-year forecast in collaboration with global Medical Affairs colleagues. Includes review, selection and evaluation of congress attendance with key stakeholders to ensure congress strategy matches overall corporate priorities and objectives. Responsible for overall execution of congress strategy and tactics.
- Create a comprehensive budget for annual congress plan including cost efficiencies where appropriate. Review and approve all financial and contractual aspects of congress budgets including managing monthly spend within budget
- Oversees and directs work for exhibit production and creative agencies as they pertain to the Seagen Medical Affairs physical booths and virtual experiences
- Direct relevant vendor selection and management, continually analyze performance to ensure that events are delivered within budget, and define SMART metrics to evaluate return on investment/opportunity
- Monitor and research industry trends and technologies, making appropriate recommendations to advance congress strategy objectives and optimize efficiencies where possible
- Build and maintain cross-functional congress resources benefitting multiple internal teams including Medical Affairs, Research and Development, Portfolio Program Management and Commercial to ensure highly impactful congress presence for the company
- Coordinate internal legal, regulatory and medical review of non-promotional materials
- Ensure compliance with all industry best practices, legal, regulatory, and Seagen corporate policies and procedures for scientific exchange and non-promotional materials.
- Recruit, develop, and retain high-performing & empowered staff
- 8+ years congress management or leadership experience, with some experience preferably within the biotech industry and oncology therapeutic area
- BA/BS required, life sciences background preferred
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, providing highly-effective communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to perform within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, well organized with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to influence change across diverse teams both as an individual contributor and a collaborative leader
- Manage complex projects simultaneously; proactively approach operational issues and recommend creative problem-solving solutions
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Strong cross functional experience and ability to collaborate across functions and levels
- Ability to present at executive level
- Budget and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate leadership skills on project teams
- Prior experience managing others and 3rd party agencies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.