The ITSM Engineer will be part of the IT Service Management team engineering solutions for all Seagen teams.
This role will be focused on automating and improving IT service management processes and tools, and will also work strategically with the business stakeholders to propose solutions and process improvements that take into consideration their strategic business goals and objectives.
The role will support business owners, service delivery groups with the design, development, enhancement, configuration, testing and maintenance of existing and new ServiceNow platform solutions.
- Engineering solutions by designing, constructing and deploying solutions for all Seagen teams using ServiceNow
- Configuring and developing the core out of the box solutions in our enterprise deployment of ServiceNow
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Use scripting tools & ServiceNow functionality to create scripts and automate tasks
- Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, test, and production environment
- Recommend improvements or changes to technical and functional designs where appropriate
- Follow established IT department procedures such as change control and release management
- Establish and drive ServiceNow configuration standards
- Partner with teams on UIs, workflows and notifications
- Ensure configuration consistency across development, test, and production environments
- Effectively manage and prioritize implementation tasks effectively
- Partner with outsourced Service Now team on complex administration/integrations
- Participate in internal and external audits; manage corrective action plans and remediation
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools
- 3+ years of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow core architecture and modules such as Service Catalog, Change, Incident, Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, and Knowledge Management
- Experience mentoring team members
- Displays examples of excellence for the rest of the team
- Experience managing instances and support tickets through the ServiceNow Service Portal
- ITIL v3 certification preferred
- Advanced level knowledge of update sets, code promotion, system clone, data preservers and excluded tables
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and time management skill
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow best practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Certified ServiceNow CIS, CSA, CAS PA, or MC
- System/Process Automation (Orchestration) experience preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow Integrations with third party applications
- Understanding of ITIL processes and how they are implemented in ServiceNow
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- ServiceNow Certified System Administration Preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.