Sourcing Manager Manufacturing
This position is part of Seattle Genetics’ Product Supply organization, focusing on external sourcing, contracting, and supplier management. The incumbent will interact closely with external suppliers, negotiate supply agreements and other contracts and drive value-enhancing and risk-mitigating initiatives and projects. This position partners closely with key stakeholders to ensure that external sourcing and management of key suppliers is executed at a world-class level.
- Engage, partner and collaborate with suppliers, internal technical and functional partners, project managers, and finance. Assess supply requirements against manufacturing plans and proactively identify the needs for external sourcing at early stages
- Assist in the identification of potential suppliers and develop/co-develop request for proposal (RFP) packages. Engage with respondents throughout RFP process to ensure clear understanding of requirements and development of high-quality proposals
- Evaluate supplier proposals with key stakeholders; develop and present thorough summaries and make recommendation for business awards
- Partner with Product Supply colleagues and Legal team to develop, negotiate, and execute Master Supply/Service Agreements (MSA), Letters of Intent (LOI), Statements of Work (SOW), etc.
- Own global relationships for assigned suppliers, manage supply agreements & awards and supply performance. Maintain close and collaborative relationships with suppliers. Navigate challenging supplier performance issues as needed via direct business-to-business discussions, and via contractual/legal escalation pathways as needed
- Support development of a robust supplier metrics program, which includes key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring, trending, and feedback; will support or lead performance review meetings within the Product Supply organization and within cross-functional internal forums
- Strategize & drive spend performance from concept to value delivery. Develop and own pipeline of initiatives and projects towards financial and supply performance targets in terms of value, reliability, compliance and complexity reduction (cost reductions/avoidance, supplier/portfolio rationalization, reliability, compliance and sustainability)
- Proactively look for ways to mitigate our risk profile via contractual means, close monitoring of supplier performance, and driving and supporting performance improvement initiatives. Acquire and demonstrate expertise of commodities and global conditions (e.g. pandemics) to which spends are exposed and/or vulnerable and develop risk mitigation strategies to counter the impact of commodity volatility and market movement
- The incumbent will demonstrate and develop deep skills in Category & Supplier Management, complexity reduction and sourcing. Build deep expertise in direct materials and strategic procurement within Seattle Genetics’ end-to-end supply chains
- Routinely scout opportunities; stay on top of the evolving supplier landscape across one or more categories; develop and maintain up-to-date supplier databases that are review-ready at any given time
- Support additional business activities as needed including budget preparation, various cost-analyses and scenario workups, long-term planning, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry experience within a sourcing/contracting or procurement function
- Direct experience in developing and negotiating contracts with external suppliers; working knowledge of terms and conditions
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more relevant industry sectors and its key suppliers; broad knowledge in additional sectors is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Solid analytical skills and financial acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, presentation development, database development, charting and trending, and basic statistics
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-changing dynamic environment
- Heightened level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to travel within and outside of the US; occasional periods of frequent travel
- PhD with 5-7 years of experience, MS or MBA with 6-8 years of experience, or Bachelors with 8+ years of experience is desired
- Fluency in English, some proficiency in French, German, Italian, or Spanish is a plus
- Additional experience within manufacturing operations, supply chain, process development or MSAT is a plus
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.